vxconfigd - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxconfigd - Veritas Volume Manager ; We just installed VxVM4.1 with Solaris 8. We are going to use it to configure and manage the Sun SotrEdge 3100 disk array. When we were trying to start vxconfigd, we got this message " VxVM vxconfigd ERROR V-5-1-7840 cannot ...

  1. vxconfigd

    We just installed VxVM4.1 with Solaris 8. We are going to use it to configure
    and manage the Sun SotrEdge 3100 disk array. When we were trying to start
    vxconfigd, we got this message " VxVM vxconfigd ERROR V-5-1-7840 cannot
    open /dev/vx/config: Device is already open". We can not enable it. Also
    we can not start /opt/VRTSob/bin/VEA gui, because the VEA is not there. Anyone
    can help us?

  2. Re: vxconfigd

    You can remove install-db file from /etc/vx/reconfig.d/state.d/install-db and then you can use vxcdtl init, then you can issue vxconfigd.

+ Reply to Thread