how to assign device names by DMP - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on how to assign device names by DMP - Veritas Volume Manager ; Volume Manager (and thus DMP) gets the names of the devices from the operating system. So, to name your devices, you will actually have to look at the persistent binding option for your HBA (see the documentation for the HBA ...

  1. Re: how to assign device names by DMP

    Volume Manager (and thus DMP) gets the names of the devices from the
    operating system.

    So, to name your devices, you will actually have to look at the
    persistent binding option for your HBA (see the documentation for the
    HBA on how to persistently bind the OS c#t#d# to the WWNN)

    Once a device is in the volume manager configuration database, you can
    always rename it. See "man vxedit" to see how to rename any object

    fabio wrote:
    > Dear Experts,
    > I have Solaris 9 on sparc and VM 4.0. Solaris box is attached to a raid device.
    >
    > Solaris names the volumes in the raid as:
    >
    > c3t220203708ba7d832d0
    >
    > I'd like to use Veritas DMP and have new virtual devices created as (i.e):
    >
    > c3tXdy
    >
    > where X is smaller than 30 and i decide which number to assign.
    >
    > Can you please help me?
    >
    > Best Regards
    > F.

  2. how to assign device names by DMP

    Dear Experts,
    I have Solaris 9 on sparc and VM 4.0. Solaris box is attached to a raid device.

    Solaris names the volumes in the raid as:

    c3t220203708ba7d832d0

    I'd like to use Veritas DMP and have new virtual devices created as (i.e):

    c3tXdy

    where X is smaller than 30 and i decide which number to assign.

    Can you please help me?

    Best Regards
    F.

+ Reply to Thread