Solaris 10 bootprocess did not import Diskgroup - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Solaris 10 bootprocess did not import Diskgroup - Veritas Volume Manager ; We use Veritas 5.0 Storage Foundation Standard on SUN-V440 with Solaris 10 6/06 OS. Configured is one diskgroup without rootdg. When the systemboot is done no diskgroup are imported, no volumes are started and no filesystems on this diskgroup are ...

  1. Solaris 10 bootprocess did not import Diskgroup

    We use Veritas 5.0 Storage Foundation Standard on SUN-V440 with Solaris 10
    6/06 OS. Configured is one diskgroup without rootdg. When the systemboot
    is done no diskgroup are imported, no volumes are started and no filesystems
    on this diskgroup are mounted

    What is the problem, can aanyone help me?

    Regards

  2. Re: Solaris 10 bootprocess did not import Diskgroup

    There is an "autoimport" flag which is set on the disks in a diskgroup.
    This is set while the dg is imported, so that the dg re-imports on boot/reboot.
    Importing with the "vxdg -t import " turns the flag off. The filesystems
    should be put in the /etc/vfstab file to mount at boot on Solaris (unless
    Sol10 is different?). Or if you have the Veritas Cluster Server package,
    you can configure it to bring up/failover the diskgroup.

    # vxdisk list 3PARDATA0_0
    Device: 3PARDATA0_0
    devicetag: 3PARDATA0_0
    type: auto
    hostid: baby
    disk: name=3PARDATA0_0 id=1163636698.34.baby
    group: name=testdg id=1163636712.36.baby
    info: format=cdsdisk,privoffset=256
    flags: online ready private autoconfig autoimport imported <<<<

    "gmevi" wrote:

    >We use Veritas 5.0 Storage Foundation Standard on SUN-V440 with Solaris

    10
    >6/06 OS. Configured is one diskgroup without rootdg. When the systemboot
    >is done no diskgroup are imported, no volumes are started and no filesystems
    >on this diskgroup are mounted
    >
    >What is the problem, can aanyone help me?
    >
    >Regards

+ Reply to Thread