VEA dosen't login - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VEA dosen't login - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, I have got a problem with vea login. When I try to login, also like root, I receive this error: V-39-53247-3 Could somebody help me? Thanks G.lodetti...

  1. VEA dosen't login

    Hi,
    I have got a problem with vea login.
    When I try to login, also like root, I receive this error:
    V-39-53247-3
    Could somebody help me?
    Thanks

    G.lodetti

  2. Re: VEA dosen't login

    I used to have problems logging in on some of our Solaris boxes where we used
    special characters in the password. I know in our case it was that created
    problems, however it's fixed now, we still use this character in some passwords
    and it works. Could have been solved by a patch or possibly by fixing the
    charsettings or something else, I actually dont know why it works now.

    Try changing the password to only letters and digits and see if it works.

    "g.poletti" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have got a problem with vea login.
    >When I try to login, also like root, I receive this error:
    >V-39-53247-3
    >Could somebody help me?
    >Thanks
    >
    >G.lodetti

  3. Re: VEA dosen't login

    >Hi,
    >I have got a problem with vea login.
    >When I try to login, also like root, I receive this error:
    >V-39-53247-3
    >Could somebody help me?
    >Thanks
    >
    >Cheana>

  4. Re: VEA dosen't login

    Just the error code ? What about the message ?

    Normally, you will have to make sure that the vea server is running.
    On version 3.5 and later, this is a process called vxsvc (can do a "ps
    -ef | grep vxscv")

    Cheana Hsu wrote:
    >>Hi,
    >>I have got a problem with vea login.
    >>When I try to login, also like root, I receive this error:
    >>V-39-53247-3
    >>Could somebody help me?
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Cheana>