formatted disk...Help! - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on formatted disk...Help! - Veritas Volume Manager ; All, We had disk that was part of a veritas diskgroup that was incorrectly formatted today. I assume that 1) we can't recover or unformat this disk to recover...and if I am correct about number 1, how can I 2) ...

  1. formatted disk...Help!

    All,

    We had disk that was part of a veritas diskgroup that was incorrectly formatted
    today. I assume that 1) we can't recover or unformat this disk to recover...and
    if I am correct about number 1, how can I 2) correct the volume to get rid
    of all the hosed indexs, files etc. that are still referenced through Veritas?

    Thanks in advance.

    Tim

    P.S. I'm on Veritas 4.1 Solaris...thanks!

  2. Re: formatted disk...Help!

    OK, well, you might be lucky

    Veritas saves information (including disk format) in
    /etc/vx/cbr/backup/

    So, there you should find the disk information that you are looking for.
    You might need to fmthard to get the partition table back on the disk.

    Call support if you don't know how

    Tim wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > We had disk that was part of a veritas diskgroup that was incorrectly formatted
    > today. I assume that 1) we can't recover or unformat this disk to recover...and
    > if I am correct about number 1, how can I 2) correct the volume to get rid
    > of all the hosed indexs, files etc. that are still referenced through Veritas?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Tim
    >
    > P.S. I'm on Veritas 4.1 Solaris...thanks!

+ Reply to Thread