I have created four LUNs whose capacities are over 1TB. As our customer's
demand,I managed to setup one big volume which combines three LUNs as one
RAID-0 volume up to 3TB.
The format command is output as below.
root@walden # format
Searching for disks...done

AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
0. c1t40d0
/pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@1/fp@0,0/ssd@w216000c0ff89cada,0
1. c1t40d1
/pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@1/fp@0,0/ssd@w216000c0ff89cada,1
2. c2t42d0
/pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@2/fp@0,0/ssd@w226000c0ffa9cada,0
3. c2t42d1
/pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@2/fp@0,0/ssd@w226000c0ffa9cada,1
4. c3t0d0
/pci@9,600000/SUNW,qlc@2/fp@0,0/ssd@w21000014c37156a1,0
5. c3t1d0 848>
/pci@9,600000/SUNW,qlc@2/fp@0,0/ssd@w21000014c3713f26,0

When running vxdiskadd to add any of one LUN into one diskgroup. The error
message is shown as below.
root@walden # vxdiskadd c1t40d0

Add or initialize disks
Menu: VolumeManager/Disk/AddDisks
Here is the disk selected. Output format: [Device_Name]

c1t40d0

Continue operation? [y,n,q,?] (default: y)
You can choose to add this disk to an existing disk group, a
new disk group, or leave the disk available for use by future
add or replacement operations. To create a new disk group,
select a disk group name that does not yet exist. To leave
the disk available for future use, specify a disk group name
of "none".

Which disk group [,none,list,q,?] (default: rootdg) gracedg
There is no active disk group named gracedg.

Create a new group named gracedg? [y,n,q,?] (default: y)

Create the disk group as a CDS disk group? [y,n,q,?] (default: y)

Use a default disk name for the disk? [y,n,q,?] (default: y)

Add disk as a spare disk for gracedg? [y,n,q,?] (default: n)

Exclude disk from hot-relocation use? [y,n,q,?] (default: n)
A new disk group will be created named gracedg and the selected disks
will be added to the disk group with default disk names.

c1t40d0

Continue with operation? [y,n,q,?] (default: y)
The following disk device has a valid VTOC, but does not appear to have
been initialized for the Volume Manager. If there is data on the disk
that should NOT be destroyed you should encapsulate the existing disk
partitions as volumes instead of adding the disk as a new disk.
Output format: [Device_Name]

c1t40d0

Encapsulate this device? [y,n,q,?] (default: y)
The following disk has been selected for encapsulation.
Output format: [Device_Name]

c1t40d0

Continue with encapsulation? [y,n,q,?] (default: y)
/usr/lib/vxvm/voladm.d/bin/disk.init: =__disk: not found
/usr/lib/vxvm/voladm.d/bin/disk.init: =__disk: not found
/usr/lib/vxvm/voladm.d/bin/disk.init: =__disk: not found
A new disk group gracedg will be created and the disk device c1t40d0 will
be encapsulated and added to the disk group with the disk name gracedg01.

Enter the desired format [sliced,simple,q,?] (default: sliced)

Enter desired private region length
[,q,?] (default: 2048)
VxVM ERROR V-5-2-338
The encapsulation operation failed with the following error:
/usr/lib/vxvm/bin/vxencap: =__disk: not found
/usr/lib/vxvm/bin/vxencap: =mpdev: not found
VxVM vxencap ERROR V-5-2-213
It is not possible to encapsulate c1t40d0, for the following reason:
Encapsulation requires atleast 0 sectors of unused
space either at the beginning or end of the disk drive.>

Hit RETURN to continue.

Apparently, this LUN's first sector begins at 34 sector instead of 0. Futhuremore,
the tail of each LUN has been reserved in some reasons.

Can some experts give me some advices for the next stsps?

Thanks
Jeff