how to unmirror the boot disk - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on how to unmirror the boot disk - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have a Sun box with two disk. The second disk is mirrored and I would like to break the mirror and replace the second disk with a new disk and rebuild the mirror. What are the steps to do ...

  1. how to unmirror the boot disk

    I have a Sun box with two disk. The second disk is mirrored and I would like
    to break the mirror and replace the second disk with a new disk and rebuild
    the mirror. What are the steps to do this?

    Thank you in advance for your help.

  2. Re: how to unmirror the boot disk

    Hi there --

    Basically, detach the plexes on the second disk from the volumes and then
    remove them.
    Un-initialize the disk from the VM control before replacing it.

    Example Steps:

    a) vxplex -g rootdg det
    b) vxedit -g rootdg rm
    c) vxdg -g rootdg rmdisk
    d) /etc/vx/bin/vxdiskunsetup

    Hope this helps.

    "Long" wrote:

    >I have a Sun box with two disk. The second disk is mirrored and I would

    like
    >to break the mirror and replace the second disk with a new disk and rebuild
    >the mirror. What are the steps to do this?
    >
    >Thank you in advance for your help.

  3. Re: how to unmirror the boot disk

    can also use vxdiskadm

    then select remove disk
    physically replace and then select vxdiskadm option to replace the disk

    Long wrote:
    > I have a Sun box with two disk. The second disk is mirrored and I would like
    > to break the mirror and replace the second disk with a new disk and rebuild
    > the mirror. What are the steps to do this?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your help.

  4. Re: how to unmirror the boot disk

    Hi dear
    here is solution
    vxassist -g datadg remove mirror Disk_5 Disk_6 OR
    vxplex -g datadg dis vol-01 OR
    vxplex -g datadg -o rm dis vol-01
    Me wrote:
    >can also use vxdiskadm
    >
    >then select remove disk
    >physically replace and then select vxdiskadm option to replace the disk
    >
    >Long wrote:
    >> I have a Sun box with two disk. The second disk is mirrored and I would

    like
    >> to break the mirror and replace the second disk with a new disk and rebuild
    >> the mirror. What are the steps to do this?
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance for your help.

+ Reply to Thread