URGENT: vea does not allow disk administration - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on URGENT: vea does not allow disk administration - Veritas Volume Manager ; I am new to Veritas Volume Manager and I am having an issue with vea on HPUX 11iV1. I started vea and logged in to the host as root. I can see my server and under the server are disks, ...

  1. URGENT: vea does not allow disk administration

    I am new to Veritas Volume Manager and I am having an issue with vea on HPUX
    11iV1. I started vea and logged in to the host as root. I can see my server
    and under the server are disks, disk groups, etc in folders. When I click
    on the folder, I get some simple details...
    I need to be able to admistrate disks, volumes, etc. but I can find no options
    in vea..
    Am I missing something or is this a user permisison issue? I need to move
    fast on this so any help would be appreciated.

  2. Re: URGENT: vea does not allow disk administration

    make sure that you have the VRTSvmpro software installed, and then you
    can manage disks by selecting it and then going to Action on the menu

    Just be aware that VEA will not touch LVM disks

    Craig wrote:
    > I am new to Veritas Volume Manager and I am having an issue with vea on HPUX
    > 11iV1. I started vea and logged in to the host as root. I can see my server
    > and under the server are disks, disk groups, etc in folders. When I click
    > on the folder, I get some simple details...
    > I need to be able to admistrate disks, volumes, etc. but I can find no options
    > in vea..
    > Am I missing something or is this a user permisison issue? I need to move
    > fast on this so any help would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread