volume manager 4.1 packages - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on volume manager 4.1 packages - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, I would like to install and configure veritas volume manager 4.1 version and i prefer to configure using CLI interface instead of enterprise storage administrator. Filesystem is configured using UFS not VXFS. I am installing the following packages VRTSvlic, ...

  1. volume manager 4.1 packages

    Hi,

    I would like to install and configure veritas volume manager 4.1 version
    and i prefer to configure using CLI interface instead of enterprise storage
    administrator.
    Filesystem is configured using UFS not VXFS.
    I am installing the following packages
    VRTSvlic, VRTSvmman and VRTSvxvm.
    Could you somebody confirm me that the above packages are sufficient to work
    VM or do i need to install any extra packages.

    Thanks In Advance,
    Chandra

  2. Re: volume manager 4.1 packages

    in addition to what you have listed, I would install the following....

    $ pkginfo -x VRTSddlpr
    VRTSddlpr VERITAS Device Discovery Layer Services Provider
    (sparc) 4.1,REV=02.17.2005.21.37

    And don't forget to install the MP1 PointPatch vxvm4.1MP1_PointPatch_2.6.tar.Z

    hope this helps.
    "getcp" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I would like to install and configure veritas volume manager 4.1 version
    >and i prefer to configure using CLI interface instead of enterprise storage
    >administrator.
    >Filesystem is configured using UFS not VXFS.
    >I am installing the following packages
    >VRTSvlic, VRTSvmman and VRTSvxvm.
    >Could you somebody confirm me that the above packages are sufficient to

    work
    >VM or do i need to install any extra packages.
    >
    >Thanks In Advance,
    >Chandra

+ Reply to Thread