Solaris 8 with VxVM 3.5 mp3 upgrade to Solaris10 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Solaris 8 with VxVM 3.5 mp3 upgrade to Solaris10 - Veritas Volume Manager ; First, let me thank you ppl for all the help you can give me I really need a litle help. I have a Solaris 8 with VxVM 3.5 mp3 instalation in a SUNSparc machine and now I need to upgrade ...

  1. Solaris 8 with VxVM 3.5 mp3 upgrade to Solaris10

    First, let me thank you ppl for all the help you can give me
    I really need a litle help.

    I have a Solaris 8 with VxVM 3.5 mp3 instalation in a SUNSparc machine and
    now I need to upgrade the OS directly to Solaris 10 without OS reinstallation.

    What will happen to VxVM, can I do this?
    Can I upgrade directly to Solaris 10 and them upgrade VxVM (to what version?)

    What about licensing, is my license still valid?

    Regards and Thanks

  2. Re: Solaris 8 with VxVM 3.5 mp3 upgrade to Solaris10

    Big problem !!

    Only VxVM 4.1 will work on Solaris 10.

    This means that you will need to upgrade VxVM as well.

    OK, so this is how to do it.

    Upgrade to 4.0 (no license needed and you should be able to import
    everything without hassle)

    Now, Upgrade to Solaris 10

    Then upgrade to VxVM 4.1

    Brib wrote:
    > First, let me thank you ppl for all the help you can give me
    > I really need a litle help.
    >
    > I have a Solaris 8 with VxVM 3.5 mp3 instalation in a SUNSparc machine and
    > now I need to upgrade the OS directly to Solaris 10 without OS reinstallation.
    >
    > What will happen to VxVM, can I do this?
    > Can I upgrade directly to Solaris 10 and them upgrade VxVM (to what version?)
    >
    > What about licensing, is my license still valid?
    >
    > Regards and Thanks

  3. Re: Solaris 8 with VxVM 3.5 mp3 upgrade to Solaris10

    Thanks!

    By the way, do I need new license for VxVM 4.1?

    Me wrote:
    >Big problem !!
    >

    >Only VxVM 4.1 will work on Solaris 10.
    >
    >This means that you will need to upgrade VxVM as well.
    >
    >OK, so this is how to do it.
    >
    >Upgrade to 4.0 (no license needed and you should be able to import
    >everything without hassle)
    >
    >Now, Upgrade to Solaris 10
    >
    >Then upgrade to VxVM 4.1
    >
    >Brib wrote:
    >> First, let me thank you ppl for all the help you can give me
    >> I really need a litle help.
    >>
    >> I have a Solaris 8 with VxVM 3.5 mp3 instalation in a SUNSparc machine

    and
    >> now I need to upgrade the OS directly to Solaris 10 without OS reinstallation.
    >>
    >> What will happen to VxVM, can I do this?
    >> Can I upgrade directly to Solaris 10 and them upgrade VxVM (to what version?)
    >>
    >> What about licensing, is my license still valid?
    >>
    >> Regards and Thanks

  4. Re: Solaris 8 with VxVM 3.5 mp3 upgrade to Solaris10

    As mentioned, if you follow the upgrade path (3.5 --> 4.0 --> 4.1), you
    will not need a new license - if you want to take 1 big jump, you will
    need a new license

    Brib wrote:
    > Thanks!
    >
    > By the way, do I need new license for VxVM 4.1?
    >
    > Me wrote:
    >
    >>Big problem !!
    >>

    >>Only VxVM 4.1 will work on Solaris 10.
    >>
    >>This means that you will need to upgrade VxVM as well.
    >>
    >>OK, so this is how to do it.
    >>
    >>Upgrade to 4.0 (no license needed and you should be able to import
    >>everything without hassle)
    >>
    >>Now, Upgrade to Solaris 10
    >>
    >>Then upgrade to VxVM 4.1
    >>
    >>Brib wrote:
    >>
    >>>First, let me thank you ppl for all the help you can give me
    >>>I really need a litle help.
    >>>
    >>>I have a Solaris 8 with VxVM 3.5 mp3 instalation in a SUNSparc machine

    > and
    >
    >>>now I need to upgrade the OS directly to Solaris 10 without OS reinstallation.
    >>>
    >>>What will happen to VxVM, can I do this?
    >>>Can I upgrade directly to Solaris 10 and them upgrade VxVM (to what version?)
    >>>
    >>>What about licensing, is my license still valid?
    >>>
    >>>Regards and Thanks

+ Reply to Thread