Migrating cluster volumes to new hosts - help - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Migrating cluster volumes to new hosts - help - Veritas Volume Manager ; Here's my situation: I have a two-node VCS cluster (2.1) that I want to migrate to a new two-node VCS (4.1) cluster. Currently I have two Clariion LUNs that I need to migrate to the new cluster. At the present ...

  1. Migrating cluster volumes to new hosts - help

    Here's my situation: I have a two-node VCS cluster (2.1) that I want to migrate
    to a new two-node VCS (4.1) cluster. Currently I have two Clariion LUNs
    that I need to migrate to the new cluster. At the present each LUN mirrored
    in VxVM. My intent is to break the mirror and deport the disks from the
    old cluster nodes and import them to the new cluster nodes. Does anyone
    know the command set to use to accomplish this? Also the "old" cluster is
    utilizing Clustered volumes & filesystems which I wish to do away with when
    I migrate the volumes to the new cluster. I already have the cluster built
    on the new set ot servers so all I need to do is to migrate the volumes.

  2. Re: Migrating cluster volumes to new hosts - help

    HI,

    As long as the new cluster can see the storage from the old cluster you can
    do.. But you have to deport the disk group entirely, you can't just deport
    the detached mirror's.

    I would not break the mirror's, but just deport the disk groups (using vxdg
    deport $dg_name) then just import the disk groups on the new cluster.

    "Bob" wrote:

    >Here's my situation: I have a two-node VCS cluster (2.1) that I want to

    migrate
    >to a new two-node VCS (4.1) cluster. Currently I have two Clariion LUNs
    >that I need to migrate to the new cluster. At the present each LUN mirrored
    >in VxVM. My intent is to break the mirror and deport the disks from the
    >old cluster nodes and import them to the new cluster nodes. Does anyone
    >know the command set to use to accomplish this? Also the "old" cluster

    is
    >utilizing Clustered volumes & filesystems which I wish to do away with when
    >I migrate the volumes to the new cluster. I already have the cluster built
    >on the new set ot servers so all I need to do is to migrate the volumes.

+ Reply to Thread