Collect performance stat. - sequential & random - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Collect performance stat. - sequential & random - Veritas Volume Manager ; How do i collect sequential and random ios on my server? vxstat gives me reads and writes. I would like to understand sequential versus random io's. Thanks....

  1. Collect performance stat. - sequential & random

    How do i collect sequential and random ios on my server?

    vxstat gives me reads and writes. I would like to understand sequential versus
    random io's.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Collect performance stat. - sequential & random

    vxbench

    it wrote:
    > How do i collect sequential and random ios on my server?
    >
    > vxstat gives me reads and writes. I would like to understand sequential versus
    > random io's.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Collect performance stat. - sequential & random

    any sample examples?

    Me wrote:
    >vxbench
    >
    >it wrote:
    >> How do i collect sequential and random ios on my server?
    >>
    >> vxstat gives me reads and writes. I would like to understand sequential

    versus
    >> random io's.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread