vxvm upgrade to 4.1 licence - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxvm upgrade to 4.1 licence - Veritas Volume Manager ; Just upgrade Don't remove and re-install with the old license (this will not work) sunderq wrote: > I am running solaris 9 4/04 with vxvm 4.0 mp1 > I want to upgrade to vxvm 4.1 . Do i require a ...

  1. Re: vxvm upgrade to 4.1 licence

    sunderq wrote:
    > I am running solaris 9 4/04 with vxvm 4.0 mp1
    > I want to upgrade to vxvm 4.1 . Do i require a new licence? will this cost
    > me ? Or can I simply follow the install guide and upgrade?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Sunder

  2. vxvm upgrade to 4.1 licence

    I am running solaris 9 4/04 with vxvm 4.0 mp1
    I want to upgrade to vxvm 4.1 . Do i require a new licence? will this cost
    me ? Or can I simply follow the install guide and upgrade?

    Regards

    Sunder

  3. Re: vxvm upgrade to 4.1 licence

    Will the same hold good for VxFS?
    If I have VxFS 4.0 on solaris 9, can i upgrade to vxfs4.1 without providing
    new keys or purchasing licenses?
    Regards

    Sunder
    Me wrote:
    >Just upgrade
    >
    >Don't remove and re-install with the old license (this will not work)
    >
    >sunderq wrote:
    >> I am running solaris 9 4/04 with vxvm 4.0 mp1
    >> I want to upgrade to vxvm 4.1 . Do i require a new licence? will this

    cost
    >> me ? Or can I simply follow the install guide and upgrade?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Sunder

  4. Re: vxvm upgrade to 4.1 licence

    yep

    "Sunder" aloysius.sunder wrote:
    > Will the same hold good for VxFS?
    > If I have VxFS 4.0 on solaris 9, can i upgrade to vxfs4.1 without providing
    > new keys or purchasing licenses?
    > Regards
    >
    > Sunder
    > Me wrote:
    >
    >>Just upgrade
    >>
    >>Don't remove and re-install with the old license (this will not work)
    >>
    >>sunderq wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am running solaris 9 4/04 with vxvm 4.0 mp1
    >>>I want to upgrade to vxvm 4.1 . Do i require a new licence? will this

    > cost
    >
    >>>me ? Or can I simply follow the install guide and upgrade?
    >>>
    >>>Regards
    >>>
    >>>Sunder

+ Reply to Thread