GUI - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on GUI - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi all, I have just installed Veritas Volume Manager on a Solaris box running Solaris 8. The install went fine, but I have not used Volume Manager for over 5 years now, and I am much more comfortable using a ...

  1. GUI

    Hi all,

    I have just installed Veritas Volume Manager on a Solaris box running Solaris
    8. The install went fine, but I have not used Volume Manager for over 5
    years now, and I am much more comfortable using a GUI then command line for
    now. Is there a gui interface?

    Thanks for all the help!

    -Kevin B.

  2. Re: GUI

    depends which version you're using

    3.2 and earlier used a program called vmsa. 3.5 and later uses VEA

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/248417.htm

    Kevin Baumann wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have just installed Veritas Volume Manager on a Solaris box running Solaris
    > 8. The install went fine, but I have not used Volume Manager for over 5
    > years now, and I am much more comfortable using a GUI then command line for
    > now. Is there a gui interface?
    >
    > Thanks for all the help!
    >
    > -Kevin B.

+ Reply to Thread