Export/Import DGs - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Export/Import DGs - Veritas Volume Manager ; We are reloading the OS on a Sun box running Solaris 8 and VM 3.5. There are several disk groups on this box. If we export the disk groups while 3.5 is running, can we import them once the OS ...

  1. Export/Import DGs

    We are reloading the OS on a Sun box running Solaris 8 and VM 3.5. There
    are several disk groups on this box. If we export the disk groups while
    3.5 is running, can we import them once the OS is reloaded and 4.1 is installed?

  2. Re: Export/Import DGs

    yes.

    make sure that you keep the hostname the same.
    after installing 4.1, run vxinstall, then "vxdctl enable"

    If that does not work, then you have to import the diskgroups while
    clearing the old host flag (VM puts a flag on the disks in the diskgroup
    so that it can auo-import it each time your machine statrs up. If you
    know what the diskgroup name was (say mydg), then:

    vxdg -C import mydg

    Vaughn Fields wrote:
    > We are reloading the OS on a Sun box running Solaris 8 and VM 3.5. There
    > are several disk groups on this box. If we export the disk groups while
    > 3.5 is running, can we import them once the OS is reloaded and 4.1 is installed?

+ Reply to Thread