veritas installiation - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on veritas installiation - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, We having v880 server Solaris 5.8 and veritas volume manager 3.5 installed in this server. With root disk mirroring there is total 6 Disk all are 75 gb disks Two disks under rootdg remaining 4 disks are other disk ...

  1. veritas installiation

    Hi,
    We having v880 server Solaris 5.8 and veritas volume manager 3.5 installed
    in this server. With root disk mirroring there is total 6 Disk all are 75
    gb disks
    Two disks under rootdg remaining 4 disks are other disk group.
    What my question is?
    Now we want to install new OS installation in the same server with veritas
    volume manager3.5 only,

    Could you please suggest after Installation OS and veritas volume manager
    3.5 how bring the old disk group and volume into existing setup.

  2. Re: veritas installiation

    suggest looking at the Installation Guide

    krishna wrote:
    > Hi,
    > We having v880 server Solaris 5.8 and veritas volume manager 3.5 installed
    > in this server. With root disk mirroring there is total 6 Disk all are 75
    > gb disks
    > Two disks under rootdg remaining 4 disks are other disk group.
    > What my question is?
    > Now we want to install new OS installation in the same server with veritas
    > volume manager3.5 only,
    >
    > Could you please suggest after Installation OS and veritas volume manager
    > 3.5 how bring the old disk group and volume into existing setup.

+ Reply to Thread