Need to replace disk - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Need to replace disk - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, We have a scenario where we have 4 new disks in one of our HP-UX 11.11 box but after giving vxdctl enable (VxVM 3.5) it only shows one disk via vxdisk lists. Other three disks is showing connected with ...

  1. Need to replace disk

    Hi,

    We have a scenario where we have 4 new disks in one of our HP-UX 11.11 box
    but after giving vxdctl enable (VxVM 3.5) it only shows one disk via vxdisk
    lists. Other three disks is showing connected with different controller,
    but when I execute "vxdmpadm listctlr ctr=c15" it does not show those disk.

    Here is the output of vxdisk list.

    c15t10d5 simple - - online invalid
    c15t10d6 simple - - online invalid
    c15t10d7 simple - - online invalid
    c21t10d4 simple - - online invalid

    Those above three disks suppose to show attached with c21. c21's alternate
    link is c20 not c15. Here is the output of vxdisk list c15t10d5

    root@wombat1: vxdisk list c15t10d5
    Device: c15t10d5
    devicetag: c15t10d5
    type: simple
    flags: online ready private autoconfig invalid
    pubpaths: block=/dev/vx/dmp/c15t10d5 char=/dev/vx/rdmp/c15t10d5
    Multipathing information:
    numpaths: 4
    c15t10d5 state=disabled
    c21t10d5 state=enabled
    c14t10d5 state=disabled
    c20t10d5 state=enabled

    Now question is how we can remove those entry from vxdisk list and reassign
    those disks with c20 controller.

    Regards,

    Sandip

  2. Re: Need to replace disk

    vxdctl initdmp
    vxdctl enable

    Sandip wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We have a scenario where we have 4 new disks in one of our HP-UX 11.11 box
    > but after giving vxdctl enable (VxVM 3.5) it only shows one disk via vxdisk
    > lists. Other three disks is showing connected with different controller,
    > but when I execute "vxdmpadm listctlr ctr=c15" it does not show those disk.
    >
    > Here is the output of vxdisk list.
    >
    > c15t10d5 simple - - online invalid
    > c15t10d6 simple - - online invalid
    > c15t10d7 simple - - online invalid
    > c21t10d4 simple - - online invalid
    >
    > Those above three disks suppose to show attached with c21. c21's alternate
    > link is c20 not c15. Here is the output of vxdisk list c15t10d5
    >
    > root@wombat1: vxdisk list c15t10d5
    > Device: c15t10d5
    > devicetag: c15t10d5
    > type: simple
    > flags: online ready private autoconfig invalid
    > pubpaths: block=/dev/vx/dmp/c15t10d5 char=/dev/vx/rdmp/c15t10d5
    > Multipathing information:
    > numpaths: 4
    > c15t10d5 state=disabled
    > c21t10d5 state=enabled
    > c14t10d5 state=disabled
    > c20t10d5 state=enabled
    >
    > Now question is how we can remove those entry from vxdisk list and reassign
    > those disks with c20 controller.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Sandip

+ Reply to Thread