Locally saved volume config files - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Locally saved volume config files - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hello, I have two machines connected to EMC: machine A sees the STDs, and machine B sees the BCVs. I use machine B as a testing enviroment. After "playing" with VxVM DGs on the BCV and resync back from STDs, ...

  1. Locally saved volume config files

    Hello,

    I have two machines connected to EMC: machine A sees the STDs, and machine
    B sees the BCVs.
    I use machine B as a testing enviroment. After "playing" with VxVM DGs on
    the BCV and resync back from STDs, machine B says that the volume is disabled
    / corrupted.
    How can I resync them smoothly? How can I make VxVM on machine B "forget"
    about the volume's layout?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Locally saved volume config files

    vxdctl -r reset -m enable

    Mojo wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have two machines connected to EMC: machine A sees the STDs, and machine
    > B sees the BCVs.
    > I use machine B as a testing enviroment. After "playing" with VxVM DGs on
    > the BCV and resync back from STDs, machine B says that the volume is disabled
    > / corrupted.
    > How can I resync them smoothly? How can I make VxVM on machine B "forget"
    > about the volume's layout?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread