I found out (the hard way) that simply using vxdiskadm remove/replace (Options
4 and 5 respectively) does not result in a bootable disk after replacement.
If the two disks (e.g. rootdisk and rootmirror) are encapsulated initially
and rootmirror fails, simply using vxdiskadm Options 4 & 5 to remove and
replace rootmirror will yield a rootmirror that is not bootable, nor is the
disk encapsulated after the operation.

Is this expected behaviour? If so, where is it documented? I have looked
and not yet found anything that indicates that this is not supported.