Volume Manager start problem - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Volume Manager start problem - Veritas Volume Manager ; We are using Veritas Volume Manager 3.2 run in Sunfire V480 (Solaris) to mange our volume reside on a T3 SAN. Yesterday we shutdown the system for maintenance purposes without evacuat the volume and dettached them, when we start our ...

  1. Volume Manager start problem

    We are using Veritas Volume Manager 3.2 run in Sunfire V480 (Solaris) to mange
    our volume reside on a T3 SAN. Yesterday we shutdown the system for maintenance
    purposes without evacuat the volume and dettached them, when we start our
    system again during the file system checkup the system come with messages
    " cannot STAT /../../.../home ,cannot STAT /../../../app , cannot STAT
    /../../../gfprg". As a result these volume appear in the file system.
    When I run command vxprint I find that some volumes status disabled and the
    rest enabled.
    My question any body know how we can enable those volumes?

  2. Re: Volume Manager start problem

    "Ahmed" wrote:

    >We are using Veritas Volume Manager 3.2 run in Sunfire V480 (Solaris) to

    mange
    >our volume reside on a T3 SAN. Yesterday we shutdown the system for maintenance
    >purposes without evacuat the volume and dettached them, when we start our
    >system again during the file system checkup the system come with messages
    > " cannot STAT /../../.../home ,cannot STAT /../../../app , cannot STAT
    > /../../../gfprg". As a result these volume not appeared in the file system.
    >When I run command vxprint I find that some volumes status disabled and

    the
    >rest enabled.
    >My question any body know how we can enable those volumes?

+ Reply to Thread