DEVICE Name - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on DEVICE Name - Veritas Volume Manager ; I am using VXVM 4.1 in a SAN EMC environment. I intially did not have persistent binding turned ON and saw the disks under c4t0dXXs2 and used vxvm to initialise the disks. Since then i tried enabling persistent binding by ...

  1. DEVICE Name

    I am using VXVM 4.1 in a SAN EMC environment. I intially did not have persistent
    binding turned ON and saw the disks under c4t0dXXs2 and used vxvm to initialise
    the disks.

    Since then i tried enabling persistent binding by updating /kernel/drv/sd.conf
    and qla2300.conf files. In Solaris format should the new device name under
    c4t45dXXs2 where as if i do a vxdisk list it still shows the disks in the
    DEVICE field by their old names. What is wrong ?

    How can i change the disk access tag ?

    I tried boot -r but it did not help and the devices /dev/vx/dmp ../rdmp still
    have the C4t0dXXs2 names

    How can i change DEVICE Name

  2. Re: DEVICE Name

    rm /etc/vx/disk.info
    vxconfigd -k

    Should be OK after that. a Technote about this will soon appear on the
    support website.

    If you look in the Administrators Guide, (page 90) it describes that
    Volume Manager now keeps these "old" names as you call them.

    remo wrote:
    > I am using VXVM 4.1 in a SAN EMC environment. I intially did not have persistent
    > binding turned ON and saw the disks under c4t0dXXs2 and used vxvm to initialise
    > the disks.
    >
    > Since then i tried enabling persistent binding by updating /kernel/drv/sd.conf
    > and qla2300.conf files. In Solaris format should the new device name under
    > c4t45dXXs2 where as if i do a vxdisk list it still shows the disks in the
    > DEVICE field by their old names. What is wrong ?
    >
    > How can i change the disk access tag ?
    >
    > I tried boot -r but it did not help and the devices /dev/vx/dmp ../rdmp still
    > have the C4t0dXXs2 names
    >
    > How can i change DEVICE Name

+ Reply to Thread