number of private region config databases - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on number of private region config databases - Veritas Volume Manager ; According to the admin manual for VxVM 4.0, all disks in a group contain configuration information for that group. Can anyone tell me which version of volume manager started using all disks instead of selected disks?...

  1. number of private region config databases

    According to the admin manual for VxVM 4.0, all disks in a group contain configuration
    information for that group. Can anyone tell me which version of volume manager
    started using all disks instead of selected disks?

  2. Re: number of private region config databases

    Ff you have 4 disks or less, all will have a config copy.

    If you have more than 4 disks, you will see which has a config copy by
    doing vxdisk list on the disk

    Regards

    Ford Perfect

    Arthur Dent wrote:
    > According to the admin manual for VxVM 4.0, all disks in a group contain configuration
    > information for that group. Can anyone tell me which version of volume manager
    > started using all disks instead of selected disks?

+ Reply to Thread