Recovering volumes that have been deleted?! - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Recovering volumes that have been deleted?! - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, This is a long shot, but...... I deleted a volume with 'vxedit -rf rm , and subsequntly discovered that I need it back !. Is there any way of re-creating the volume and recovering the data on it if ...

  1. Recovering volumes that have been deleted?!

    Hi,

    This is a long shot, but......
    I deleted a volume with 'vxedit -rf rm , and subsequntly discovered
    that I need it back !. Is there any way of re-creating the volume and recovering
    the data on it if I know the subdisks it was created on?

    Thanks in advance,
    Mark

  2. Re: Recovering volumes that have been deleted?!

    If you have an old vxprint output, post it here and we can get it all back

    If you're using Volume Manager 3.5 MP1 or above, check out the backup
    (/etc/vx/cbr)

    Mark wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is a long shot, but......
    > I deleted a volume with 'vxedit -rf rm , and subsequntly discovered
    > that I need it back !. Is there any way of re-creating the volume and recovering
    > the data on it if I know the subdisks it was created on?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Mark

+ Reply to Thread