start EMC eSNAP Volume --> sync - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on start EMC eSNAP Volume --> sync - Veritas Volume Manager ; We use EMC eSNAP to backup our database volumes. If we stat the eSNAP volumes on the backup server all volumes do a resync. I don't know why. The procedure is (onece a week) - shutdown database - sync on ...

  1. start EMC eSNAP Volume --> sync

    We use EMC eSNAP to backup our database volumes.
    If we stat the eSNAP volumes on the backup server all volumes do a resync.
    I don't know why.
    The procedure is (onece a week)
    - shutdown database
    - sync on the database server
    - terminate "old" eSNAP, create and aktivate "new" eSNAP
    . statup database
    - fsck all eSNAP volumes
    - mout eSNAP volumes on backup server --> now alle volumes needs a sync
    - Backup to tape.

  2. Re: start EMC eSNAP Volume --> sync

    So, you use EMC stuff and Volume Manager ?

    Do you use Veritas snapshots ? Do you use FMR ? or instant snapshots ?
    or any Veritas products ?

    Guenter wrote:
    > We use EMC eSNAP to backup our database volumes.
    > If we stat the eSNAP volumes on the backup server all volumes do a resync.
    > I don't know why.
    > The procedure is (onece a week)
    > - shutdown database
    > - sync on the database server
    > - terminate "old" eSNAP, create and aktivate "new" eSNAP
    > statup database
    > - fsck all eSNAP volumes
    > - mout eSNAP volumes on backup server --> now alle volumes needs a sync
    > - Backup to tape.

+ Reply to Thread