What happend with layout ? - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on What happend with layout ? - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have a volume called VOL1 which is striped accross 3 disks. I need to increase that volume sizes, so I have added two more disks in that volume. Now I need you advise how to increase the size of ...

  1. What happend with layout ?

    I have a volume called VOL1 which is striped accross 3 disks. I need to increase
    that volume sizes, so I have added two more disks in that volume. Now I need
    you advise how to increase the size of that volume. I know I can increase
    the same vxresize command, but do I need to use vxrelayout command to ensure
    all the data is mirrored across 5 disks.

    I am using VM 3.5 in HP-UX 11i.

    Regards,

    Sandip

  2. Re: What happend with layout ?

    yep, re-layout over 5 column stripe, and then resize

    man vxassist (search for layout)

    Sandip wrote:
    > I have a volume called VOL1 which is striped accross 3 disks. I need to increase
    > that volume sizes, so I have added two more disks in that volume. Now I need
    > you advise how to increase the size of that volume. I know I can increase
    > the same vxresize command, but do I need to use vxrelayout command to ensure
    > all the data is mirrored across 5 disks.
    >
    > I am using VM 3.5 in HP-UX 11i.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Sandip

+ Reply to Thread