I am to unfamiliar with vxdump

This is the command I am using to backup my (1) vxfs file system

My question is why is the dump asking for volume2 then volume 3 and so on
and so.

ufsdump just backs up the entire file system

Also is there a way to use vxrestore just to write all information to a file.
I do this today with ufsrestore.

vxdump -0 -B 2g -f /dev/rmt/0m /data

vxfs vxdump: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch
vxfs vxdump: Dumping /dev/vx/rdsk/datadg/datavol
(/data) to /dev/rmt/0m
vxfs vxdump: mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
vxfs vxdump: mapping (Pass II) [directories]
vxfs vxdump: estimated 36389088 blocks (17768.11MB) on
8.68 tape(s).
vxfs vxdump: dumping (Pass III) [directories]
vxfs vxdump: dumping (Pass IV) [regular files]
vxfs vxdump: 2.18% done, finished in 3:44
vxfs vxdump: 9.92% done, finished in 1:30
vxfs vxdump: Closing /dev/rmt/0m
vxfs vxdump: Change Volumes: Mount volume #2
vxfs vxdump: Is the new volume mounted and ready to
go? ("yes" or "no") yes
vxfs vxdump: Volume 2 begins with blocks from inode
954
vxfs vxdump: 14.92% done, finished in 1:25