VXVM 4.0 Upgrade with same License ? - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VXVM 4.0 Upgrade with same License ? - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi all! We want to do a upgrade of the OS and Volume Manager on a E15k with an emc attached. Currently we're using Volume Manager 3.2 on the server. Can I upgrade to VxVM 4.0 with using the same ...

  1. VXVM 4.0 Upgrade with same License ?

    Hi all!
    We want to do a upgrade of the OS and Volume Manager on a E15k with an emc
    attached. Currently we're using Volume Manager 3.2 on the server. Can I
    upgrade to VxVM 4.0 with using the same license key or need I do purchase
    a new key for the Version 4.0?
    Thanks,

    Luiz C. Santos

  2. Re: VXVM 4.0 Upgrade with same License ?

    If you upgrade directly from 3.2 to 4.0, you will need a new license.

    If you upgrade from 3.2 --> 3.5 no new license erquired
    If you upgrade from 3.5 --> 4.0 no new license required

    Luiz Carlos Santos wrote:
    > Hi all!
    > We want to do a upgrade of the OS and Volume Manager on a E15k with an emc
    > attached. Currently we're using Volume Manager 3.2 on the server. Can I
    > upgrade to VxVM 4.0 with using the same license key or need I do purchase
    > a new key for the Version 4.0?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Luiz C. Santos

  3. Re: VXVM 4.0 Upgrade with same License ?

    We did many servers upgrade from 3.2 to 4.0 recently using installvm script
    provided by Veritas and it does license upgrade too.

    Thanks,
    Syam.

    Me wrote:
    >If you upgrade directly from 3.2 to 4.0, you will need a new license.
    >
    >If you upgrade from 3.2 --> 3.5 no new license erquired
    >If you upgrade from 3.5 --> 4.0 no new license required
    >

    >Luiz Carlos Santos wrote:
    >> Hi all!
    >> We want to do a upgrade of the OS and Volume Manager on a E15k with an

    emc
    >> attached. Currently we're using Volume Manager 3.2 on the server. Can

    >> upgrade to VxVM 4.0 with using the same license key or need I do purchase
    >> a new key for the Version 4.0?
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Luiz C. Santos

+ Reply to Thread