User is not authorized to connect to the server - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on User is not authorized to connect to the server - Veritas Volume Manager ; At first, sorry for my english, is not my leanguage... ...I have a problem when I want to work with my VMSA (Volume Manager Storage Administrator). I log with the user root at the machine and when I want to ...

  1. User is not authorized to connect to the server

    At first, sorry for my english, is not my leanguage...
    ...I have a problem when I want to work with my VMSA (Volume Manager Storage
    Administrator). I log with the user root at the machine and when I want to
    log with the same user at the VMSA...

    "User is not authorized to connect to the server"

    and for each error, the lof file server.log...

    error in pam_auth_acct_mgmt: 7

    and the log file access:

    No login permission

    Versions:
    Volume Manager Storage Administrator version 3.0.6
    O.S.: Solaris 8

    please! help me :-D

    Cecilia.

  2. Re: User is not authorized to connect to the server

    Solaris 8 (patch bundel for June 2003 and later) includes a module that
    changes the way the Password Authentication Module (PAM) works. PAM is
    used to get and authenticate user credentials in a Solaris (and most
    UNIX) systems.

    The fix ? VMSA does not work with that patch !!! You have to upgrade to
    Volume Manager 3.5 or above (that uses VEA and not VMSA)

    Please note that this upgrade is FREE !!!

    Get Volume Manager 3.5 from the anonymous ftp site at:

    ftp://ftp.veritas.com/pub/products/v...P1.so.CD.tar.Z

    Then install this (and read the documentation first)

    Then get the latest (MP3) patch for Volume Manager at:

    ftp://ftp.veritas.com/pub/products/vm.3.5MP3.sol.tar.gz

    and install it as well.

    Not only will this fix the VEA problem, but your version of Volume
    Manager is no longer supported.

    Cecilia wrote:
    > At first, sorry for my english, is not my leanguage...
    > ..I have a problem when I want to work with my VMSA (Volume Manager Storage
    > Administrator). I log with the user root at the machine and when I want to
    > log with the same user at the VMSA...
    >
    > "User is not authorized to connect to the server"
    >
    > and for each error, the lof file server.log...
    >
    > error in pam_auth_acct_mgmt: 7
    >
    > and the log file access:
    >
    > No login permission
    >
    > Versions:
    > Volume Manager Storage Administrator version 3.0.6
    > O.S.: Solaris 8
    >

    > please! help me :-D
    >
    > Cecilia.

+ Reply to Thread