Bring disks out from volume - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Bring disks out from volume - Veritas Volume Manager ; I would like to get advice on the following issue: After using vxresize to grow a volume, it used all the free spaces on the disks within the diskgroup. There are two disks that we donot want to be used ...

  1. Bring disks out from volume

    I would like to get advice on the following issue:

    After using vxresize to grow a volume, it used all the free spaces on the
    disks within the diskgroup. There are two disks that we donot want to be
    used by that volume. Is there a way to bring that two disks out from that
    volume? I thought that use vxresize to shrink that volume will do, is that
    right? Please give a bit detail.

    Thanks for advice.

  2. Re: Bring disks out from volume

    man vxevac

    John Rugg wrote:
    > I would like to get advice on the following issue:
    >
    > After using vxresize to grow a volume, it used all the free spaces on the
    > disks within the diskgroup. There are two disks that we donot want to be
    > used by that volume. Is there a way to bring that two disks out from that
    > volume? I thought that use vxresize to shrink that volume will do, is that
    > right? Please give a bit detail.
    >
    > Thanks for advice.

+ Reply to Thread