Data Synchronization - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Data Synchronization - Veritas Volume Manager ; yep, just do vxdiskadm option 4 and option 5. Hrishi wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a SUN E4500 machine which has its two internal hard disks mirrored > via Veritas. One of them has failed. Now when ...

  1. Re: Data Synchronization

    Hrishi wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a SUN E4500 machine which has its two internal hard disks mirrored
    > via Veritas. One of them has failed. Now when I replace it I will have to
    > synchronize data from its mirror explicitly or will it happen behind the
    > scenes through Veritas?
    >
    > Also I have a SUN A5200 disk array attached to the SUN E4500 server. This
    > disk array has RAID 1-0 implemented via Veritas on its disks. One of the
    > disks has failed. After replacing with a new disk will synchronization with
    > the mirror happen behind the scenes.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Hrishi.

  2. Data Synchronization

    Hi All,

    I have a SUN E4500 machine which has its two internal hard disks mirrored
    via Veritas. One of them has failed. Now when I replace it I will have to
    synchronize data from its mirror explicitly or will it happen behind the
    scenes through Veritas?

    Also I have a SUN A5200 disk array attached to the SUN E4500 server. This
    disk array has RAID 1-0 implemented via Veritas on its disks. One of the
    disks has failed. After replacing with a new disk will synchronization with
    the mirror happen behind the scenes.

    Regards,
    Hrishi.

+ Reply to Thread