All, I have a SunFire 880 with about 500GB of EMC storage connected with Volume
Manger 3.5. A volume has been configured at a 1MB 4Col Stripe and its a heavy
Read oracle application. Im currently averaging about 60MB/s on reads and
am attempting to use vxtunefs to not only get more I/0 but also reduce the
number of blocked processes being seen with vmstat and wait status with mpstat.
From the readings of vxtunefs I have set what I beleive is close to optimal
for a 4 Column 1MB Stripe with a 4MB Stripe width?Any suggestions?
roland.rebstock@usi.net

Here are my settings:
Filesystem i/o parameters for /orafiles
read_pref_io = 1048576