I have several Solaris 8 hosts attached via fabric to EMC devices. We are
using the SUNWsan drivers and the Leadville stack on the Sun hosts. While
lease returning the SYMMs, we have disconnected the old SYMM and wish to
remove all references to that SYMM. Does anyone know how to clean up devices
that are no longer being used without rebooting the host?

here is the output from vxdmpadm enclosure all:
ENCLR_NAME ENCLR_TYPE ENCLR_SNO STATUS
OTHER_DISKS OTHER_DISKS OTHER_DISKS CONNECTED
EMC0 EMC 500580 DISCONNECTED
EMC1 EMC 503049 DISCONNECTED
EMC2 EMC 500187 DISCONNECTED
EMC3 EMC 503100 DISCONNECTED
EMC4 EMC 430027 CONNECTED
EMC5 EMC 430852 CONNECTED

here is a snippet of vxdisk list:
DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS
EMC0_0 sliced - - offline
EMC0_1 sliced - - offline
EMC0_2 sliced - - offline
EMC0_3 sliced - - offline

vxdisk rm EMC0_0 will remove the disk but it reappears when a vxdctl enable
is done.

vxdctl rm disk doesn't work either.

Thanks