Growing a striped volume of 10 disks - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Growing a striped volume of 10 disks - Veritas Volume Manager ; I am trying to grow a stripped volume of 10 disks by an additional 10 disks. Does know what the process is ? Thanks...

  1. Growing a striped volume of 10 disks

    I am trying to grow a stripped volume of 10 disks by an additional 10 disks.
    Does know what the process is ?
    Thanks

  2. Re: Growing a striped volume of 10 disks

    Add the disks to the diskgroup first
    (use vxdiskadm option 1, or vxdiskadd or vxdg adddisk)

    See how much the volume can grow:

    vxassist -g maxgrow

    This will return a size (in blocks)

    Then grow the volume

    vxassist -g growby

    Then you have to grow the filesystem as well (use fsadm)

    Or do the volume and the filesystem together with the vxresize command

    Piush Shah wrote:
    > I am trying to grow a stripped volume of 10 disks by an additional 10 disks.
    > Does know what the process is ?
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread