Need to downgrad vxvm diskgroup - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Need to downgrad vxvm diskgroup - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi I know that it was not possible to downgrade the diskgroup, what about vxvm version 4.0?, dose it use the same concept? I have 2 systems connected by SRDF one has vxvm 4.0 and the other vxvm 3.5, we ...

  1. Need to downgrad vxvm diskgroup

    Hi
    I know that it was not possible to downgrade the diskgroup,
    what about vxvm version 4.0?, dose it use the same concept?
    I have 2 systems connected by SRDF one has vxvm 4.0 and the other vxvm 3.5,
    we have created the dg on the 4.0 system, so what should we do to import
    it on the 3.5 one?
    if it is not possible, can I downgrade the diskgroup version from 110 to
    90, or I should create a new dg with version 90 (on the 4.0 system) and restore
    the data on it and destroy the 110 dg?.

  2. Re: Need to downgrad vxvm diskgroup

    Now downgrade from 110 to 90 (stuff changed too much).

    When creating the new diskgroup and you want to use version 90 , use the
    following command:

    vxdg -T 90 init [disk list........]

    "Sherief Rafea" wrote:

    >Hi
    >I know that it was not possible to downgrade the diskgroup,
    >what about vxvm version 4.0?, dose it use the same concept?
    >I have 2 systems connected by SRDF one has vxvm 4.0 and the other vxvm 3.5,
    >we have created the dg on the 4.0 system, so what should we do to import
    >it on the 3.5 one?
    >if it is not possible, can I downgrade the diskgroup version from 110 to
    >90, or I should create a new dg with version 90 (on the 4.0 system) and

    restore
    >the data on it and destroy the 110 dg?.

+ Reply to Thread