No volume can be created - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on No volume can be created - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have a diskgroup lenlocal. when tried to use "vxassist -g lenlocal maxsize" , it gives an error " VXVM: vxassist: ERROR: NO volume can be created within the constrainsts." also "vxdg -g lenlocal free " returns nothing. Just wonder ...

  1. No volume can be created

    I have a diskgroup lenlocal. when tried to use "vxassist -g lenlocal maxsize"
    , it gives an error " VXVM: vxassist: ERROR: NO volume can be created
    within the constrainsts."

    also "vxdg -g lenlocal free " returns nothing.

    Just wonder why this happen. I know there are some attributes been set for
    the volume.
    Does this mean that the volume cannot be resized?

    Thanks for advice

  2. Re: No volume can be created

    Zhang

    What you can also do, is use the output of "vxprint -thg lenlocal" and
    look at the sizes of the disks (the dm lines) and then the sizes of your
    volumes (the "v" lines) to see if you have any space left.

    The other thing to rememebr is that the layout of your volumes might
    have an effect. If you only have a small piece of space left on each
    disk (but together they form a large space), but your volumes are
    striped, you might not be able to add more space to the volume

    zhang wrote:

    > I have a diskgroup lenlocal. when tried to use "vxassist -g lenlocal maxsize"
    > , it gives an error " VXVM: vxassist: ERROR: NO volume can be created
    > within the constrainsts."
    >
    > also "vxdg -g lenlocal free " returns nothing.
    >
    > Just wonder why this happen. I know there are some attributes been set for
    > the volume.
    > Does this mean that the volume cannot be resized?
    >
    > Thanks for advice

+ Reply to Thread