vxresize to increase +100g - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxresize to increase +100g - Veritas Volume Manager ; Just wonder if there is an issue to use vxresize to increase more then 100g on a volume usnig VXVM3.1 . The command planning to use is: vxresize -g +100g I am afraid that vxresize would allow to increase that ...

  1. vxresize to increase +100g

    Just wonder if there is an issue to use vxresize to increase more then 100g
    on a volume usnig VXVM3.1 .
    The command planning to use is: vxresize -g +100g

    I am afraid that vxresize would allow to increase that big.
    Please advice!

  2. Re: vxresize to increase +100g

    Oliver

    Do a "vxassist maxgrow" to find out how big your volume can grow. Volume
    Manager is not the problem here. "vxresize" will try to grow your file
    system with the volume. Make sure the file system supports the new size.

    "oliver " wrote in message

    > Just wonder if there is an issue to use vxresize to increase more then

    100g
    > on a volume usnig VXVM3.1 .
    > The command planning to use is: vxresize -g +100g
    >
    > I am afraid that vxresize would allow to increase that big.
    > Please advice!

  3. Re: vxresize to increase +100g

    Thanks for reply. My concern is the Volume was created on a RAID 5 LUN on
    Storage A3500 disk arrays. The LUN consists of 5 disk drives with a Hotspare
    disk dirve.
    Will the hotspare disk drive cause problem while resizing the volume?
    Thanks again.

    "me" wrote:
    >Oliver
    >
    >Do a "vxassist maxgrow" to find out how big your volume can grow. Volume
    >Manager is not the problem here. "vxresize" will try to grow your file
    >system with the volume. Make sure the file system supports the new size.
    >

    >"oliver " wrote in message
    >>
    >> Just wonder if there is an issue to use vxresize to increase more then

    >100g
    >> on a volume usnig VXVM3.1 .
    >> The command planning to use is: vxresize -g +100g
    >>
    >> I am afraid that vxresize would allow to increase that big.
    >> Please advice!

  4. Re: vxresize to increase +100g

    Nope

    The spare is a disk. If a disk fails, it will replace a disk. The size of
    the volume will not have any effect on this.

    "oliver" wrote in message news:4124e2e5@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Thanks for reply. My concern is the Volume was created on a RAID 5 LUN on
    > Storage A3500 disk arrays. The LUN consists of 5 disk drives with a

    Hotspare
    > disk dirve.
    > Will the hotspare disk drive cause problem while resizing the volume?
    > Thanks again.
    >

    > "me" wrote:
    > >Oliver
    > >
    > >Do a "vxassist maxgrow" to find out how big your volume can grow. Volume
    > >Manager is not the problem here. "vxresize" will try to grow your file
    > >system with the volume. Make sure the file system supports the new size.
    > >

    > >"oliver " wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Just wonder if there is an issue to use vxresize to increase more then

    > >100g
    > >> on a volume usnig VXVM3.1 .
    > >> The command planning to use is: vxresize -g +100g

    > >> I am afraid that vxresize would allow to increase that big.
    > >> Please advice!

+ Reply to Thread