Device names for HDS - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Device names for HDS - Veritas Volume Manager ; hello, II am using an E25K / HDS mixture. When I type vxdisk list, I get the following output. # vxdisk list | more DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS HDS9980V0_0 sliced JM2C0L7C oracom2 online HDS9980V0_1 sliced JM2C0L78 oracom2 online etc,etc, ...

  1. Device names for HDS

    hello,

    II am using an E25K / HDS mixture.
    When I type vxdisk list, I get the following output.
    # vxdisk list | more
    DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS
    HDS9980V0_0 sliced JM2C0L7C oracom2 online
    HDS9980V0_1 sliced JM2C0L78 oracom2 online
    etc,etc,

    I would like to rename the disks in the DEVICE field from HDS9980V0_0 to
    HDS9980V2_0 .

    Does anybody know how I could go about this?
    Rgds,
    Colin

  2. Re: Device names for HDS

    Hello,

    Thanks to everyone for their help!

    The solution to my problem was simply to edit the /etc/vx/array.info file
    and assign any name I want to the WWN: e.g.
    # more /etc/vx/array.info
    DISKS
    Disk
    0
    Disk
    F908
    HDS9980V0 <--edit thei number OR
    0
    HDS9980V
    F930
    HDS9980V1 <--edit thei number
    0
    HDS9980V
    #

    "colin daly" wrote:

    >hello,
    >
    >II am using an E25K / HDS mixture.
    >When I type vxdisk list, I get the following output.
    ># vxdisk list | more
    >DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS
    >HDS9980V0_0 sliced JM2C0L7C oracom2 online
    >HDS9980V0_1 sliced JM2C0L78 oracom2 online
    >etc,etc,
    >
    >I would like to rename the disks in the DEVICE field from HDS9980V0_0 to
    >HDS9980V2_0 .
    >
    >Does anybody know how I could go about this?
    >Rgds,
    >Colin

+ Reply to Thread