Hot Relocation spread concat across multiple concats - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Hot Relocation spread concat across multiple concats - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi Guys, After a Hot Relocation, one of the Concat stripes was split into 3 concat stripes across 3 different disks. I want to return this relocation back to its original location. The command I normally use to perform this ...

  1. Hot Relocation spread concat across multiple concats

    Hi Guys,
    After a Hot Relocation, one of the Concat stripes was split into 3 concat
    stripes across 3 different disks. I want to return this relocation back to
    its original location. The command I normally use to perform this is:

    # vxassist -g diskgroup move volumename !hotspare1 data1

    The problem I have is that I need to move hotspare1, hotspare2 and hotspare3
    back to data1(data1 is a stripe). What would the command be to simultaneously
    move the hotspare data back to data1 without overwriting the other. The Volume
    Manager version is 3.04 and the Disk Group version is 40. This means I cannot
    utilise some of the great innovations of disk management such as vxevac.

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Rod.

  2. Re: Hot Relocation spread concat across multiple concats

    Try vxunrelocate..

    Użytkownik "Rod Kay" napisał w wiadomości

    > Hi Guys,
    > After a Hot Relocation, one of the Concat stripes was split into 3 concat
    > stripes across 3 different disks. I want to return this relocation back to
    > its original location. The command I normally use to perform this is:
    >
    > # vxassist -g diskgroup move volumename !hotspare1 data1
    >
    > The problem I have is that I need to move hotspare1, hotspare2 and

    hotspare3
    > back to data1(data1 is a stripe). What would the command be to

    simultaneously
    > move the hotspare data back to data1 without overwriting the other. The

    Volume
    > Manager version is 3.04 and the Disk Group version is 40. This means I

    cannot
    > utilise some of the great innovations of disk management such as vxevac.
    >
    > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Rod.

+ Reply to Thread