Rename Volume in VxVM 3.5 Solaris - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Rename Volume in VxVM 3.5 Solaris - Veritas Volume Manager ; A while ago we had created a volume on one of our disks. After doing some routine seaching, I found that one of the volume names has a typo and is very long. I would like to rename the logical ...

  1. Rename Volume in VxVM 3.5 Solaris

    A while ago we had created a volume on one of our disks. After doing some
    routine seaching, I found that one of the volume names has a typo and is
    very long. I would like to rename the logical volume to something else but
    cannot find a command to do it. For example:

    Current Volume Name - Ora_DBA_LUN_0_VOL01
    What I want it as - Ora_Lun0_Vol1

    Is there anyway to do this without deleting the volume?

    Thanks,
    Richard

  2. Re: Rename Volume in VxVM 3.5 Solaris

    Richard wrote:
    > A while ago we had created a volume on one of our disks. After doing some
    > routine seaching, I found that one of the volume names has a typo and is
    > very long. I would like to rename the logical volume to something else but
    > cannot find a command to do it. For example:
    >
    > Current Volume Name - Ora_DBA_LUN_0_VOL01
    > What I want it as - Ora_Lun0_Vol1
    >
    > Is there anyway to do this without deleting the volume?

    vxedit rename Ora_DBA_LUN_0_VOL01 Ora_Lun0_Vol1

+ Reply to Thread