Mirror a VxVM striped volumes to a EMC striped volumes - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Mirror a VxVM striped volumes to a EMC striped volumes - Veritas Volume Manager ; I shal change the disksystem on a system with VxVM 3.2 striped/mirror volumes on the SCSI disks to a EMC SAN internal striped volumes. It is only to mirror the volume? or is it a other way to do it? ...

  1. Mirror a VxVM striped volumes to a EMC striped volumes

    I shal change the disksystem on a system with VxVM 3.2 striped/mirror volumes
    on the SCSI disks to a EMC SAN internal striped volumes. It is only to
    mirror the volume? or is it a other way to do it?

    regards
    Jan B Dahl

  2. Re: Mirror a VxVM striped volumes to a EMC striped volumes

    "Jan Birger Dahl" wrote:

    >I shal change the disksystem on a system with VxVM 3.2 striped/mirror volumes
    >on the SCSI disks to a EMC SAN internal striped volumes. It is only to
    >mirror the volume? or is it a other way to do it?
    >
    >regards
    >Jan B Dahl

    1: add emc disk name to exist dg
    2: vxassist -b -g dgname mirror volume emcdisk01 emcdisk02
    3: remove old plex
    vxplex -g dgname dis old-plex
    vxedit -g dgname -r rm old-plex
    now SCSI disks datas migrate to emc san disks.

+ Reply to Thread