How many paths can be managed by VxDmp - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on How many paths can be managed by VxDmp - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have a customer who is running DMP on Solaris 8 server connected to a CX600, he want's to add a switch to have more paths. How many paths can be managed by VxDMP 3.2 ? Thank's...

  1. How many paths can be managed by VxDmp

    I have a customer who is running DMP on Solaris 8 server connected to a CX600,
    he want's to add a switch to have more paths.

    How many paths can be managed by VxDMP 3.2 ?

    Thank's

  2. Re: How many paths can be managed by VxDmp

    "Me" wrote:
    >The short answer is "as many as you like".
    >
    >The biggest problem you have is the CX600. It is not an active-active array
    >(it is an active-passive), and even if you give it 200 paths, only 1 will
    >ever be active (and thus be used for IO). The others will be stand-by
    >(fail-over). (You being from EMC should know this, although I must say,

    all
    >of your sales staff fail to point this out to customers).

    Hi me,

    I'm sitting here right now in the front of a CX600 with PowerPath 4.0 installed
    in an active/active configuration. And it seems to work. In one or two weeks
    I will see if it is better to have a active/active or active/passive configuration

    Hope that helps

    Marc

+ Reply to Thread