I'd like to replace all of my existing drives with larger capacity ones.
All of the drives are in RAID5 volumes in a Sun A5200 and there is one drive
marked as SPARE. Before I shoot myself in the foot, I was hoping someone
could help with the following:

1) Can I simply remove the drive I wish to replace and insert the new one,
or do I need to remove the disk from the disk group and offline it first?
or is there another course to be taken?

2) Will VM resync the volume to the new drive automatically, or do I need
to initiate something?

3) How can I best monitor the volume resync?

4) Once all of the drives in the volume have been replaced, I can grow the
volume. If I use vxresize, can I grow the filesystem on a mounted, active
filesystem?

Thanks for any help you can lend.
Dave