Veritas Volume Manager unmount volumes by itself - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Veritas Volume Manager unmount volumes by itself - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi Guru, I have 2 Sun V880 server cluster with the Veritas Foundation Suite 3.5 and having external storage on an EMC. a few days ago, 1 of the V880, unmount the EMC volumes by itself without knowing why. Can ...

  1. Veritas Volume Manager unmount volumes by itself

    Hi Guru,

    I have 2 Sun V880 server cluster with the Veritas Foundation Suite 3.5 and
    having
    external storage on an EMC.

    a few days ago, 1 of the V880, unmount the EMC volumes by itself without
    knowing why. Can anyone enlighten me how could i check/ where could i check
    for the reason of its unmounting? the EMC side is ok

    Pls reply to me email address. Appreciated for any reply

    Thanks
    Chee Kiong

  2. Re: Veritas Volume Manager unmount volumes by itself

    Chee

    Difficult to say. Need more info.

    Is the volume the only one in the diskgroup that got unmounted ?
    Are there any other volumes in the diskgroup ?
    Shared diskgroup (cvm) ?
    Is it part of a cluster (VCS) ?
    Any messages in the /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log file ?
    Any messages in the /var/adm/messages file related to Volume Manager ?

    How did you fix it ? Just re-mounted it ? or did you have to do a full fsck
    ?
    or did you re-import the diskgroup ?

    Let me know
    "Chee Kiong" wrote:

    >Hi Guru,
    >
    >I have 2 Sun V880 server cluster with the Veritas Foundation Suite 3.5 and
    >having
    >external storage on an EMC.
    >
    >a few days ago, 1 of the V880, unmount the EMC volumes by itself without
    >knowing why. Can anyone enlighten me how could i check/ where could i check
    >for the reason of its unmounting? the EMC side is ok
    >
    >Pls reply to me email address. Appreciated for any reply
    >
    >Thanks
    >Chee Kiong

+ Reply to Thread