Cannot Enable Cluster Mode for Veritas Volume Manager 3.5 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Cannot Enable Cluster Mode for Veritas Volume Manager 3.5 - Veritas Volume Manager ; I am currently building a two node Sun 3.0 cluster. They are both connected to one Unipack 611. The nodes are both running Solaris 8 with the latest recommended patch cluster. The Sun Cluster 3.0 software is installed, there is ...

  1. Cannot Enable Cluster Mode for Veritas Volume Manager 3.5

    I am currently building a two node Sun 3.0 cluster. They are both connected
    to one Unipack 611. The nodes are both running Solaris 8 with the latest
    recommended patch cluster. The Sun Cluster 3.0 software is installed, there
    is one quorum disk, and the cluster is initialized. Veritas Volume Manager
    3.5 is installed, the root disk of each node is encapsulated. The standard
    VxVM and CVM licenses have been applied to both nodes using vxlicinst.

    The issue I'm having is that Veritas Volume Manager is not in cluster volume
    manager (CVM) mode, and I don't know how to activate cluster mode. When I
    enter the command "vxdctl -c mode" the reply is "mode: enabled: cluster
    inactive". The man page of vxdctl documentation I have been able to find
    that
    applies to this issues states that cluster mode is enabled by the CVM
    license. I had the same CVM license installed on both nodes. Since Veritas
    Volume Manager is not in cluster mode I cannot create shared disk groups.
    If anyone can offer any insight or help I would greatly appreciate it.

  2. Re: Cannot Enable Cluster Mode for Veritas Volume Manager 3.5

    Sun cluster does it for you :

    Install this packages :
    pkgadd : SUNWscucm
    SUNWudlm
    SUNWudmr
    SUNWcvmr
    SUNWcvm

    "alan" wrote:

    >I am currently building a two node Sun 3.0 cluster. They are both connected
    >to one Unipack 611. The nodes are both running Solaris 8 with the latest
    >recommended patch cluster. The Sun Cluster 3.0 software is installed, there
    >is one quorum disk, and the cluster is initialized. Veritas Volume Manager
    >3.5 is installed, the root disk of each node is encapsulated. The standard
    >VxVM and CVM licenses have been applied to both nodes using vxlicinst.
    >
    >The issue I'm having is that Veritas Volume Manager is not in cluster volume
    >manager (CVM) mode, and I don't know how to activate cluster mode. When

    >enter the command "vxdctl -c mode" the reply is "mode: enabled: cluster
    >inactive". The man page of vxdctl documentation I have been able to find
    >that
    >applies to this issues states that cluster mode is enabled by the CVM
    >license. I had the same CVM license installed on both nodes. Since Veritas
    >Volume Manager is not in cluster mode I cannot create shared disk groups.
    >If anyone can offer any insight or help I would greatly appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread