VXVM for linux - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VXVM for linux - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, I read from Veritas Volume manager 3.2 update and it says: The cluster functionality of VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM) allows up to 2 nodes in a cluster to simultaneously access and manage a set of disks under VxVM control ...

  1. VXVM for linux

    Hi,
    I read from Veritas Volume manager 3.2 update and it says:
    The cluster functionality of VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM) allows up to 2
    nodes in a
    cluster to simultaneously access and manage a set of disks under VxVM
    control (VM
    disks). The same logical view of disk configuration and any changes to this
    configuration
    is available on all the nodes. When the cluster functionality is enabled,
    all the nodes in the
    cluster can share VxVM objects.
    Does anyone the steps to enable concurrent imported the shared disk
    group(of course it is on shared storage).
    Thanks.

    --
    Regards
    zhu chao

  2. Re: VXVM for linux

    Yep, the steps are:

    1. Download Veritas SanPoint Foundation Suite
    2. Get a license for Veritas SanPoint Foundation Suite
    3. Install
    4. Create a shared diskgroup on the master
    5. Create a shared volume on the master
    6. Create a filesystem on the primary
    7. Mount the filesystem on both nodes

    There you go, all done !!

    Volume Manager actually supports all of this, but you need SanPoint Foundation
    Suite to get the cluster going (normal VCS - Veritas Cluster Server - will
    not include all the CFS - Cluster File System - and CVM - Cluster Volume
    Manager -stuff)

    "zhu chao" wrote:
    >Hi,
    > I read from Veritas Volume manager 3.2 update and it says:
    >The cluster functionality of VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM) allows up to

    2
    >nodes in a
    >cluster to simultaneously access and manage a set of disks under VxVM
    >control (VM
    >disks). The same logical view of disk configuration and any changes to this
    >configuration
    >is available on all the nodes. When the cluster functionality is enabled,
    >all the nodes in the
    >cluster can share VxVM objects.
    > Does anyone the steps to enable concurrent imported the shared disk
    >group(of course it is on shared storage).
    > Thanks.
    >

    >--
    >Regards
    >zhu chao