converting VxFs to ufs - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on converting VxFs to ufs - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi all, I have 2 questions on volume manager. 1. Is it possiable to move from vxfx to ufs without backup/restore or rebuilding the system? 2. what is the function of this package "vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Feature name: DATABASE_EDITION"? Can it ...

  1. converting VxFs to ufs

    Hi all,

    I have 2 questions on volume manager.

    1. Is it possiable to move from vxfx to ufs without backup/restore or rebuilding
    the system?
    2. what is the function of this package "vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Feature name:
    DATABASE_EDITION"? Can it be removed without affecting the database and/or
    the system?

    Thanks in advance.
    Regards

    SM

  2. Re: converting VxFs to ufs

    The answer to the first question is No. As far as the license is concerned,
    does it bother you that you can see if in the vxlicense ?? My advice would
    be to simply ignore it.

    "pz4wfq" wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I have 2 questions on volume manager.
    >
    >1. Is it possiable to move from vxfx to ufs without backup/restore or rebuilding
    >the system?
    >2. what is the function of this package "vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Feature name:
    >DATABASE_EDITION"? Can it be removed without affecting the database and/or
    >the system?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >Regards
    >
    >SM

  3. Re: converting VxFs to ufs

    ignore it like he said.

    why would you want to move from VxFS to UFS???

    "robertino" wrote in message

    > The answer to the first question is No. As far as the license is

    concerned,
    > does it bother you that you can see if in the vxlicense ?? My advice

    would
    > be to simply ignore it.
    >
    > "pz4wfq" wrote:
    > >
    > >Hi all,
    > >
    > >I have 2 questions on volume manager.
    > >
    > >1. Is it possiable to move from vxfx to ufs without backup/restore or

    rebuilding
    > >the system?
    > >2. what is the function of this package "vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Feature

    name:
    > >DATABASE_EDITION"? Can it be removed without affecting the database

    and/or
    > >the system?
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance.
    > >Regards