vxrestore takes long time to restore a file system - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxrestore takes long time to restore a file system - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, I have a Sun E6500 with 2 A1000 disk arrays. I am using vxrestore to restore /export which has about 30 GB of data. The tape system is DLT. It has taken 26 hours so far and has not ...

  1. vxrestore takes long time to restore a file system

    Hi,
    I have a Sun E6500 with 2 A1000 disk arrays. I am using
    vxrestore to restore /export which has about 30 GB of data. The
    tape system is DLT. It has taken 26 hours so far and has not
    completed. I am using Solaris 7, Veritas Volume Manager 3.1 and Veritas File
    System 3.4.

    Any help appreciated.

    Rgds
    Nughmman

  2. Re: vxrestore takes long time to restore a file system

    Hi,

    Have you checked the batteries in the A1000s? If they are to old the cache is not being used and the performance is much lower.

    /P

    Nughmman Butt wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a Sun E6500 with 2 A1000 disk arrays. I am using
    > vxrestore to restore /export which has about 30 GB of data. The
    > tape system is DLT. It has taken 26 hours so far and has not
    > completed. I am using Solaris 7, Veritas Volume Manager 3.1 and Veritas File
    > System 3.4.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Rgds
    > Nughmman