Calculating size of disk group from command line - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Calculating size of disk group from command line - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, I would like to know whether there is any command to list the total size of disk group. Thanks Ramakrishnan Kellio...

  1. Calculating size of disk group from command line

    Hi,

    I would like to know whether there is any command to list the total size
    of disk group.

    Thanks
    Ramakrishnan Kellio

  2. Re: Calculating size of disk group from command line

    based on the idea, that the total size of disk group is the size of its
    disk medias, you can calculate it like this:
    #vxprint -g -qd|awk 'BEGIN{SUM=0} {SUM=SUM+$5} END{print "DG
    size=" SUM}'

    Alexander
    Ramakrishnan Kellio wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to know whether there is any command to list the total size
    > of disk group.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ramakrishnan Kellio

+ Reply to Thread