hang the system with 'probe-scsi' - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on hang the system with 'probe-scsi' - Veritas Volume Manager ; hi I had a system with a mirrored root disk.It shows a swap volume with the "-B0" subdisk v swapvol fsgen ENABLED ACTIVE 3891200 SELECT - pl swapvol-01 swapvol ENABLED ACTIVE 3892644 CONCAT - RW sd rootdisk-01 swapvol-01 rootdisk 0 ...

  1. hang the system with 'probe-scsi'

    hi

    I had a system with a mirrored root disk.It shows a swap volume with the
    "-B0" subdisk

    v swapvol fsgen ENABLED ACTIVE 3891200 SELECT -
    pl swapvol-01 swapvol ENABLED ACTIVE 3892644 CONCAT - RW
    sd rootdisk-01 swapvol-01 rootdisk 0 3892644 0 c0t0d0 ENA
    sd rootdisk-B0 swapvol-01 rootdisk 17678492 1 0 c0t0d0 ENA

    I did the following steps to solve this problem

    1.I did a 'vxunroot' and rebooted to get the root disk back to Solaris control.

    2.After using the 'format'utility to change the starting cylinder of swap
    slice from cylinder 0 to cylinder 1.and rebooted the system.

    3.using the 'vxdiskadm' utility (option #2)to encapsulate root disk again.

    4.using the 'vxplex att' utility to establish the second disk(disk-01)'s
    plexs and system volume correlation .

    the problem is when I type 'probe-scsi' and get the following message.
    ''This command may hang the system if a stop-A or halt command has been executed.Please
    type reset-all to reset the system before excecuting this command''

    so I type 'reset-all' and rebooted.still the similar information.

    Any advance would be great.

  2. Re: hang the system with 'probe-scsi'

    s.g,

    from the prompt type

    $ eeprom auto-boot?=false

    Then after you type reset-all you will come back to an "ok" prompt. From
    here you can probe the scsi bus safely.

    A.R.

    "s.g" wrote:

    >hi
    >
    >I had a system with a mirrored root disk.It shows a swap volume with the
    >"-B0" subdisk
    >
    >v swapvol fsgen ENABLED ACTIVE 3891200 SELECT -
    >pl swapvol-01 swapvol ENABLED ACTIVE 3892644 CONCAT - RW
    >sd rootdisk-01 swapvol-01 rootdisk 0 3892644 0 c0t0d0 ENA
    >sd rootdisk-B0 swapvol-01 rootdisk 17678492 1 0 c0t0d0 ENA

    >I did the following steps to solve this problem
    >
    >1.I did a 'vxunroot' and rebooted to get the root disk back to Solaris control.
    >
    >2.After using the 'format'utility to change the starting cylinder of swap
    >slice from cylinder 0 to cylinder 1.and rebooted the system.
    >
    >3.using the 'vxdiskadm' utility (option #2)to encapsulate root disk again.
    >
    >4.using the 'vxplex att' utility to establish the second disk(disk-01)'s
    >plexs and system volume correlation .
    >
    >the problem is when I type 'probe-scsi' and get the following message.
    >''This command may hang the system if a stop-A or halt command has been

    executed.Please
    >type reset-all to reset the system before excecuting this command''
    >
    >so I type 'reset-all' and rebooted.still the similar information.
    >
    >Any advance would be great.

+ Reply to Thread