how can i check the used space for volume - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on how can i check the used space for volume - Veritas Volume Manager ; hi, all i have a question to you how can i check the unused size in unmounted state with VM. like a "df -k" in the gui can check the used space(%), in the same way i want to check ...

  1. how can i check the used space for volume

    hi, all

    i have a question to you

    how can i check the unused size in unmounted state with VM.
    like a "df -k"

    in the gui can check the used space(%), in the same way i want to check in
    CLI.

    anybody knows it?

    please help me

  2. Re: how can i check the used space for volume

    I don't think you can do this in the GUI, at least not in VM 3.5, VEA.
    There is not magic way for the gui to check free file system space. Once
    you unmount the file system, the gui will update the screen and you'll see
    the free space % is blank (-), because fs is unmounted.

    If fs is unmounted there is no easy way, that I know of, to check for
    free/used space, in gui or cli. You can certainly use fsdb to check this,
    if you know how.

    -Dan

    "ground" wrote in message news:3e0aa93e$1@hronntp01....
    > hi, all
    >
    > i have a question to you
    >
    > how can i check the unused size in unmounted state with VM.
    > like a "df -k"
    >
    > in the gui can check the used space(%), in the same way i want to check in
    > CLI.
    >

    > anybody knows it?
    >
    > please help me

+ Reply to Thread